END-USER LICENCE AGREEMENT
This End-User Licence Agreement (“Agreement”) is made and entered into between Octeract Limited (“OCTERACT”) and the individual or entity end-user (“You” or “Your”, or ”Yourself”) who intends to install or use the software subject to this Licence Agreement (“Licence”) and/or use online services that are coupled with this software. “Software” means collectively: (i) the machine-readable object code version of any OCTERACT software, (ii) any published user manuals and documentation that OCTERACT provides, (iii) any fixes, updates, upgrades or new versions of OCTERACT software and documentation, (iv) any copies of OCTERACT software and documentation made by You or provided to You by OCTERACT, (v) any online services provided by OCTERACT, and (iv) any online services provided by OCTERACT which may or may not exchange information with locally installed OCTERACT software. By installing or using the Software, You are accepting the terms of this licence agreement.
The Software is licensed, not sold, to You for use only under the following terms. OCTERACT reserves all rights not expressly granted to You and retains all ownership of all copies of the Software. You assume sole responsibility for the installation, use and results obtained from Your use of the Software.
- LICENCE. OCTERACT grants to You a non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable Licence to use the copy of the Software for as long as You pay the associated fees, and as long as You are in compliance with the terms of this Licence. Termination of this Licence for any reason shall not terminate the other terms of this Agreement. This Licence authorizes You to Install the Software on a designated machine for use on that machine. You may use the Software only within the limitations outlined in this Agreement and in the details of your subscription with OCTERACT including, but not limited to, a maximum number of concurrent software sessions, a maximum number of concurrent users per machine, and a maximum number of CPU cores. The Software includes mechanisms to prevent You from using it in some (but not all) ways that are not allowed by this Licence, and any attempts to circumvent these prevention mechanisms constitutes an immediate breach of this Agreement. You can use the Software for any legal purpose, as long as You comply with the terms of this Licence and the terms of Your active subscription.
- TITLE. Title, ownership rights, and intellectual property rights in and to the Software shall remain with OCTERACT. You agree to abide by the copyright law and all other applicable laws of England and Wales. You shall have and retain title to any data You input or collate through the use of this Software.
- DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND AND OCTERACT EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED OR ARISING OUT OF A COURSE OF CONDUCT OR COURSE OF DEALING, INCLUDING ALL WARRANTIES OF TITLE, PERFORMANCE, USE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NONINFRINGEMENT AND THE ABSENCE OF LATENT OR OTHER DEFECTS, WHETHER OR NOT DISCOVERABLE. OCTERACT MAKES NO WARRANTY REGARDING NONINTERRUPTION OF USE. NO ORAL OR WRITTEN STATEMENT PROVIDED BY OCTERACT SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE RESULTS AND PERFORMANCE OF THE SOFTWARE IS ASSUMED BY THE END USER. OCTERACT SHALL NOT HAVE ANY LIABILITY TO THE END USER OR ANY OTHER PARTY FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOSS OF REVENUE, PROFIT OR OPPORTUNITY, LOST OR DAMAGED DATA OR OTHER COMMERCIAL OR ECONOMIC LOSS, EVEN IF OCTERACT HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, OR THEY ARE FORESEEABLE.
- HIGH RISK ACTIVITIES. The Software is not intended for use in hazardous environments requiring fail-safe performance (such as, without limitation, the planning, construction, maintenance, control, or direct operation of nuclear facilities, aircraft navigation or communication systems, air traffic control, medical device and life support machines, or weapon systems) in which the failure of the Software could lead to death, personal injury or physical and environmental damage (“High Risk Activities”). Accordingly, this Agreement excludes any High Risk Activities and the End User agrees not to use the Software in connection with High Risk Activities.
- TERMINATION. You may terminate this Licence (but not this Licence Agreement) at any time by destroying all Your copies of the Software and related documentation, and asking OCTERACT to terminate your contract. OCTERACT may terminate this Licence upon written notice to You in response to any breach to this Agreement by You. Upon termination of this Licence for any reason, You agree to destroy all Your copies of the Software and related documentation. In the event of termination, this Agreement will survive. This Licence is to You and You agree not to attempt to assign Your Licence or this Agreement without OCTERACT’s prior written consent. Any fees you have paid for your licence are not refundable in the event of early termination. This Licence shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any claims brought under this Agreement shall be brought only in the courts of England and Wales.
- CONFIDENTIALITY. You acknowledge that the Software in source code form remains a confidential trade secret of OCTERACT. You agree not to modify the Software or attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer the Software, except to the extent applicable laws specifically prohibit such restriction. You agree not to deliver or otherwise make the Software available to anyone other than You or the authorized employees of Your company (if You are a business entity) and only for the normal end-uses of the Software. You agree to use Your best efforts to safeguard the Software and to ensure that no unauthorized person gains access to the Software and that no unauthorized copy, publication or decompilation is made of the Software.
- REGULATIONS. OCTERACT follows UK and EU regulations on financial sanctions, as well as the policies and regulations of the Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS1). By agreeing to the terms of this Licence, You agree that You will not use the Software in any way that violates these regulations. If You knowingly violate regulations by using the Software, You acknowledge that You are knowingly breaking the law. If OCTERACT is made aware of any such breaches, Your access to the Software will be terminated immediately, and OCTERACT may report You to the proper authorities, as well as disclose all relevant information required by law to those authorities. This information may include Your personal information and any data stored in OCTERACT servers regarding Your use of the Software.
- CHANGES IN THE LICENCE. OCTERACT reserves the right to update the terms of this Licence at any time. You will be notified if that happens, and be given a right to terminate Your subscription if You do not agree with the updated terms. Any updated versions of this Licence fully supersede any and all previous versions.
- DATA PROTECTION. OCTERACT uses industry-standard methods and technology, and reputable cloud storage products to keep any data that might be associated with You safe. However, by accepting this Licence You acknowledge that no form of online storage is ever 100% safe, and that Your data, personal or otherwise, can be at risk of being compromised by any number of means, including but not limited to hacking, ransomware, cyberattacks, or security exploits in third-party cloud storage, and that OCTERACT will not be liable for any such breaches, save for the extent required by law. In the event that such a breach ever occurs, OCTERACT will notify you as soon as possible upon becoming aware of it, and will take steps to address any known security vulnerabilities under its control.
- ANONYMISED DATA OWNERSHIP. OCTERACT owns all anonymised data that the Software collects and transmits or stores to OCTERACT servers as part of its normal operation.
- DATA DISCLOSURE. OCTERACT will not sell, share, or in any way disclose any of Your data to any third-party for any reason, save for third-parties who may be contracted by OCTERACT from time to time to perform specific work for Your benefit. Even then, Your data will be disclosed only if absolutely necessary for the successful completion of that work. Any such third-parties will be legally obligated to use Your data solely for the purposes of the contracted work, to protect its privacy, and to delete it immediately upon completion of such work.
- DEPLOYMENT AND COMBINED WORKS. You not may package nor deploy the Software in any way unless you obtain the express written consent of OCTERACT. Such consent may only be given as part of a contract, and no other action nor statement by OCTERACT should be construed to imply otherwise.
- BENCHMARKS. You may not disclose the results of any benchmark tests of OCTERACT software to a third party without OCTERACT’s prior written approval. This specifically includes performance, scaling, and robustness comparisons. If you choose to do so without first obtaining OCTERACT’s written consent it is an immediate breach of this Agreement, and OCTERACT reserves the right to legal action for damages, especially if OCTERACT can demonstrate that you knowingly or unknowingly misrepresented any OCTERACT products. For the avoidance of doubt, this clause includes, but is not limited to, publishing research papers, technical reports, and releasing any unauthorised benchmarks to the public domain.
- REFUNDS. By agreeing to this EULA, you acknowledge and agree that all purchases of OCTERACT software and/or services are final and non-refundable. We provide our software and services on an “as is” and “as available” basis, and we make no representations or warranties of any kind, either express or implied, regarding the performance, reliability, or suitability of our software or services. Therefore, we do not offer any refunds for purchases of OCTERACT software and/or services, regardless of the circumstances. This includes, but is not limited to, instances where you are dissatisfied with the software, experience technical difficulties, or no longer require the software. We reserve the right to change, modify, or discontinue any aspect of our software and/or services, including the availability of any feature, database, or content, at any time and without notice. By accepting this EULA, you agree to release us from any and all liability, claims, damages, or losses arising from or related to your purchase and use of our software or services. If you do not agree to this No Refunds policy, please do not purchase or use our software or services.
Updated 11 May 2023.